Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Movie News I've been thinking on


The Host has been optioned for a movie according to MTV's Movie Blog. I happen to think that The Host is a much better crafted story than Twilight, but it's also a hell of a lot more cerebral and claustrophobic than its predecessor. Check out my full review of the book here. It's a grown up story with deep psychological parallels that I'm not sure will translate to the big screen. Not to mention who ever is playing Mel/Wanda has to be able to play two completely different characters at the same time. Not like green screen playing opposite herself, but has to be two people at once in one body. Not an easy task. To that end, I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Johnny Douche...I mean Depp, has been making the rounds in the press saying that now that Disney Studio chief Dick Cook is gone he's leaving the new Pirates of Caribbean the movie behind. If Disney is smart they will SCRAP THE PROJECT if Johnny makes good on the promise. And they will start working on Jungle Cruise. (Not a real prospective project, just my dream!) The only thing that was at all good about the new Pirates was that we were going to get all of that great Jack Sparrow/Captain Barbosa banter without all of the Will/Elizabeth drama dragging it down. Without Depp, as much as I can't stand listening to him in real life, that might as well not exist.

Fame opens on Friday. I can't wait for it. Also, I still haven't seen 9 which is apparently not very good, but anyone that put Coheed and Cambria in their trailer deserves the benefit of the doubt in my book.

No comments: