Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze: 1952-2009

Yesterday Patrick Swayze lost his battle to cancer.

There are actors, there are movie stars, and then there are icons. Patrick Swayze was an icon. He was a triple threat, at his prime in an era when that was hardly valued.

But if you watch him, in anything, you see unbelievable passion.

On twitter people have been talking about their favorite Swayze role. I know most people expect me to say Dirty Dancing. But I have to go with The Outsiders. He plays Darrel, Ponyboy's oldest brother, and his legal guardian. In the book Darrel's described as too intense for Ponyboy and their other brother Sodapop. Swayze hit that intenseness perfectly.

That doesn't mean though that this isn't what I always think of first when I think of Patrick Swayze:



Nobody puts Baby in a corner!

No comments: