Sunday, September 20, 2009

Emmy Night


The Emmys just ended.

Winners were about what you'd expect. (Mad Men, 30 Rock, Daily Show and acting legends.) Neil Patrick Harris's hosting was perfect. He was exactly that, a host. He did his little bit at the beginning and then just moved the action along. Dr. Horrible, Captain Hammer and the rest of the gang did hijack the broadcast for a minute or two. Good stuff from Neil there, great stuff from Nathan Fillion (after all, he's better, better than Neil, just ask him, he'll sing you a whole song about it) and lovely harmony by Felicia Day.

The greatest moment of my life happened when David Boreonaz and Steven Moyer presented together, and then I was quickly let down, when the stupid Emmy writers didn't give them a vampire joke (although looking back I think there may have been a "sink your teeth into" phrase, but I might just be projecting.) But still Angel and Bill together? Can I get one big giant fangirl SQUEE! (My roommate was already asleep so I had to only virtually squee!)

The "who we lost this year" tribute was very nice, accompanied by a live performance by Sarah McLaughlin. It really was quite a year. Lots of celebrities died.

Oh right and she won:



Congratulations Cheno!

No comments: