Monday, September 21, 2009

Musical Remake I might be OK with

So, I've railed against new versions of classic musicals. But there's one that I've decided I'd be OK with.

And that's Guys and Dolls.

I love Guys and Dolls. But I'd check out a remake of the film, kind of a stinker even if it does star Sinatra as Nathan and Marlon Brando as Sky, (Brando's the main problem, the man couldn't sing and they didn't dub him either) because there is prime castability in some of my favorite hot actors of the moment.

First and foremost Hugh Jackman as Sky Masterson. I think this is an obvious choice. Acceptable Substitution: Harry Connick Jr.

Nathan Detroit: Neil Patrick Harris. Think about it. The nerdy confidence, the tenor voice, the suits. It makes sense. Acceptable Substitute: Matthew Morrison, he's a sweeter softer choice, but he'd still get the job done.

Adelaide: Jane Krakowski, another Duh. If you don't believe me, watch the episode of 30 Rock where they sing "Midnight Train to Georgia" at the end. Or any episode of 30 Rock, really. Acceptable substitute: Sarah Jessica Parker, these two have always been a little interchangable in my mind, though Jane is more traditionally pretty.

Sarah Brown: Anne Hathaway The lofty soprano voice, the snap perfect banter delivery, the whole intelligent innocence thing. Acceptable Substitute: Jennifer Love Hewitt. She's not as talented, or as pretty, but she's got the same thing going on.

Here's where I go out there a little bit...but stick with me.

Nicely Nicely Johnson: Jason Segel. Now, I know, I know, Nicely Nicely is supposed to be chubby. But Segel is hugely tall, so that's it. And really, as if this isn't proof enough that the guy can handle "Sit Down You're Rocking The Boat"



Plus, you know, then NPH would be there too.

No comments: