Thursday, September 17, 2009

It was epic


This week's Vampire Diaries was, in a word, satisfying.

Funny, smart and just the right amount of scary I am rapidly falling in love with this show.

Like I said last week, the Dawson's and Buffy hybrid thing is a really good way to describe it. I'll admit it, I'm into Damon, the evil Vampire. I think what I like best about it though, is the smallness of it. Unlike Buffy there is no world to save, no great epic good and evil battle. This is just the things that go bump in the night. Damon does want to destroy, this is just his idea of fun. Particularly the ending, where he has sex with and then bites Elena's friend Bonnie. We don't know what's going to happen to her, but I'm sure we can guess.

Stefan and Elena's blooming romance is sweet. If he's the best of the good vamps all in one, she might be my fave girl of the bunch. She's direct and while she's got her issues, she's not a whiner. She doesn't hide behind anything. I also really like Nina Dobrev. A lot. I liked her on Degrassi and I like her here.

I'm also really enjoying Psychic friend. Her random visions and her inability to understand them kind of rock. I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop that.

Again, I was thrilled to see Williamson leave his fingerprints all over the show. From the awkward pauses between exes, to the overly styalized teen vernacular. We've missed you Kevin, glad you're back.

No comments: