Monday, September 21, 2009

Back to School


We'll start with the clothes. Is Blair really wearing a suit to Freshman orientation? I'm convinced the stylists follow my friend Emma around for Serena's clothes.

The NYU story line was great. Really great. Dan and Vanessa are just about as pretentious as all of the people I know who go to NYU. I love my friends who go there, don't get me wrong, but they all started their freshman years SUPER self important. Dan getting invited to a "writer's group" when buying his first college cup of coffee, haha, Dan would sooo run a lit mag. Blair saying that "Riverdale doesn't count" as being from New York made my Bronx descended heart break and my Jersey Girl soul cheer, because we get annoyed when boro people think they're better than us. I think that Georgina and Blair as roomies is not going to work out and she's going to end up rooming with Vanessa, who is down the hall. Vanessa is taking Women in Lit...a class I took Sophomore year of high school. Georgina said she "straightened out her meds" to get Dan's hipster haircut is starting to bug me after only two episodes. This could be a problem. Blair trying to throw a theme party in her dorm common room. It's so sad. Also Georgina might be a sociopath. And I LOVE her. She threw her own party after but poor Blair had to ask Dan to take her to Georgina's party. Then he took away her headband. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! People asking her if everyone in high school were jealous of Dan for being "such a great writer." Her respsonse, "Dan's a writer?" Was perfect. I love Dan socially sponsoring Blair so that she doesn't become what he was in high school. Then Blair inviting the Jesus camp people to Georgina's roof party was pure Blair-bitch perfection. Although it did screw Dan over and make him look like an idiot. But this is going to be a war worth remembering. But Dan taking her on, is perfect! But why does Blair need college friends? I mean, she's practically married to a boy billionaire! I'm just saying. Plus, Dan and Georgina as a couple is going to be epic.

The Serena and Chuck storyline was pretty strong too. Serena's not going to Brown. BIIG shock there. Chuck called his apartment "The Bass-cave." I love him so much. Chuck and Serena are totally going to run a nightclub together. Chuck lecturing Serena about her blowing his deal and he calls her a train wreck. When Chuck Bass disapproves of your life direction, you know that something's wrong. Dan made Serena frozen waffles. Then Rufus made them for Chuck. What is it with the Humphrey men and waffles? Then Rufus made a speech about not upsetting Lily, and Serena making mistakes. And then Serena declared she's not going to Brown just out of spite and called Carter. Serena and Carter crashing Chuck's business meeting was classic, plus I'm kind of digging Chuck being the disapproving sibling, plus I always love when we see that he seems a-moral but he really deeply cares about Serena, Blair and Nate. No one else, but those three, he definitely does. I'm not sure how I feel about Carter being all genuine freaked me out. And I'm glad that Rufus and Serena are bonding. It's sweet or something. Serena taking a gap year is a brilliant plot device. Carter and Serena as a real couple is going to be interesting.

Nate and his pretty new girlfriend holes up in her apartment and decided to be a real couple. It was sweet and we saw a lot of shirtless Nate.

No comments: