Wednesday, September 9, 2009

All Time Favorite Film Soundtrack (Score): Jurassic Park

This was a hard one to pick, I mean really hard. There are some great ones, music that I love. And did I go Zimmer or Williams? Did I go totally off the beaten path and choose Mark Knoffler (Princess Bride, definitely in my top 10). There were classics, and contemporary films to consider. But finally I had to admit it came down to John William's iconic music for Jurassic Park.

The theme is unmistakeable, and the music that echoes throughout the film is awe inspiring and terrifying at the right times. It captures the magic and majesty of this movie, and the concept behind it. It's simple enough that many amateur bands and orchestras take on arrangements, but complex enough that audiences are always impressed.

Williams has given us countless memorable score (Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones) and most of them are much more iconic, but I'll always love Jurassic Park best.

No comments: