Wednesday, September 2, 2009

When you wish upon a...POW!

OK, I've been staying away from talking about it, because I try to stay away from these kinds of discussions, but I just can't ignore it anymore.

I'm talking of course about Disney's recent acquisition of Marvel Entertainment.

Personally, I'm sort of thrown off. I get it. I get the business end of it, and I love Disney as a company. They have a great history of making sure that companies they own remain autonomous and yet get well marketed (Miramax is probably the most clear example, but Hollywood Records comes to mind too, and Pixar, at least in the early years)

My real confusion comes here, what will happen to this lovely place:




It's Marvel Superhero Island at Universal Studios in Orlando. Disney World's only real competition. Does it go away? Two years ago I met the X-Men there!





See? Also The Hulk is the greatest roller coaster ever. My friend Jenna recommends going on it "Like a million times!" If you ever get down there.
(We went on it about 4.)

Spider Man is not quite as good as the Hulk but we still went on it a lot (there was never much of a single riders line for it.)

So what happens? Does it go away? Do they pack it up and move it over to Epcot or something? WHAT'S THE DEAL? And why do I seem to be the only person who cares?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahaha i LAUGHED OUT LOUD just reading the title of this post. because i literally started to sing the song in my head until i got to the "pow" part lol