Monday, March 9, 2009

Wow...dancing

Well friends, it's my favorite night of the year...or two nights of the year I guess...Dancing With The Stars premiere night.

Alright...let's start with the odd couples:

L'il Kim and Derek Hough: This is just bizarre. The Houghs are wayyy too wholesome for any of the Bad Boy crew. It was heinously awkward to watch their interviews back to back, but their cha cha was decent. I think Derek is going to have to deal with not making it to the top four this season.

Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff: Poor Karina...I think she's had like two legit partners in the tenure of the show. Maybe Maks made them give her this year's old man. She still did a good job though. Even if she is a skank.

Denise Richards and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: You'd think they work well together, after all she said, "They say Maks is the bad boy, and I do kind of have a thing for bad boys." Oh really? Do you Denise? Wait, you were married to CHARLIE SHEEN right? That's probably the only reason you're even on the radar enough for this bunch of has beens. But she just sucks. I say second or third week, they go. Whatever, it'll give Karina and Maks more time to plan their wedding.

Belinda Carlisle and Jonathan Roberts: Normally Jonathan can partner with anyone, but his and Belinda's waltz was just awkward and hard to watch.

The neutrals:

Holly Madison and Dmitry Chaplin: Holly was a last minute add after Jewel had to drop out. She only had a week, verse everyone else's four. And she did fairly well, given the circumstances. And she is beautiful and very loveable. And we all want to see her outshine Kendra.

Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska: My brother and I once joked that they should change the name of Newark Airport to "Lawrence Taylor's Career Memorial Airport." The Giant fan in my was cheering like crazy. Finally one of ours. I'm also really scared of LT though, and I have been since I was little. He's a scary scary dude. Anyway, they weren't horrible by any means, and they had a lot of expectation following them, after all, I think the people at DWTS must think that the NFL is like the best ballroom dancing school on the planet.

Ty Murray and Chelsea Hightower: They were just fine, if unspectacular. Personally, I don't care about this guy except he's married to Jewel and as a result the woman is happy and no longer writes her poetry. So thanks for that man.

Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke: They were really good, but I don't know that they'll last unless he really steps up his game in the getting to know you portion. Because as hot as he was as Samantha's naked neighbor, that's not enough to get you through this competition bud!

Melissa Rycroft and Tony Davaloni: I love Tony...and she seems really sweet. But again, this was a last minute addition to the cast, so she didn't have a lot of time to learn. I voted for them because they danced to "Moon River." Although I feel like if someone is dancing to "Moon River" they should be wearing a black dress of some kind. She wasn't.

David Alan Grier and Kym Johnson: I really thought that these two would be suited to each other. Just energy wise, but they were lackluster. Carrie Ann was very funny though, "David, if I had known you could dance like that I would have spent a lot more time with you during In Living Color!" Ah, the 90s...Hey, I wonder if Carrie Ann hisses at the TV every time she sees J. Lo...you know like I do when I see Katrina Bowden.

Made for each other and Headed for the Top:

Chuck Wicks and Julianne Hough: They're together in real life and I'm just a smidge in love with her. Their waltz was endlessly lovely. And oh right, she's Julianne and she can do no wrong. But really, I think they have potential, because honestly, Julianne is getting to be about as famous as anyone brought in as a star...She's nominated for a CMA after all. So her fan base, plus his, plus people who love adorableness (Anyone who watches this show!) will vote for them.

Shawn Johnson and Mark Ballas: Mark + Olympian + Little Blonde Girl + Funny Mark faces = guarantee in the finals. Plus, who doesn't love Shawn Johnson? She's so cute and little and you just want to put her in your pocket when she smiles.

Steve-O and Lacey Schwimmer: Lacey really grew on me last season, and I think she and Steve-O are a perfect pair. I had no doubt that he would be good because he's a really physical guy, not to mention willing to do anything. And Lacey's carefree reinvent the wheel approach suits him. And Johnny Knoxville and Wee Man looked so proud of him.

So my finals prediction: Steve-O and Lacey, Shawn and Mark, Julianne and Chuck or Kym and David if they step up their game!
My win prediction...I don't know, I just have this feeling...

No comments: