Saturday, March 14, 2009

Surprise!


I don't get into my real life a whole lot on this thing...mostly because my real life is really not particularly interesting. Except when I start a week like this one.

See, last Sunday my mom called me, "Reenie, are you interested in going to Florida next week?" (She was in Florida, I'll explain in more detail in a bit.) I squealed in excitement! Did I want to go to Florida? Hell yes! Anything to get away from the North East in March...its a tough place to be. I didn't know if it was definitely happening until Thursday.

See, my dad's older brother is a retired member of the board of directors of a rather large corporation...the one based out of New York in that big building with the skating rink in front...you know, they probably made your refrigerator and many of my favorite shows are on their network. Yeah, that one. Needless to say he has a lot of money, and as such owns a house in Jupiter Florida. He also charters a private plane down there whenever he's going, my parents came down with him last weekend. This week, he's going to the bahamas with my Aunt, for her birthday. They have a beautiful yellow lab, and someone needed to watch the dog while they were away. Did I want to dogsit, along with my mom and sister? HELLS YES!

So this morning we flew down, this afternoon we sat by the pool, (I fried and read "Bright Lights, Big Ass," HEY! I read literature all the time for school, I'm on vacation and I will read Jen Lancaster's rants all I want!) and we're freshly back from a glorious dinner at a steak house (Lobster Bisque, 10 Oz Filet Mignonne nice and pink how I love it, mashed potatoes, flourless chocolate espresso cake, a vodka martini and a glass of red wine) relaxing in their huge living room watching the Big East Championship game (Uncle Denis is disappointed, because he went to UCONN, but we're watching anyway.) It is a joyous and wonderful week ahead of me...I'll be sure to update with good stories from the lap of luxury.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Ohhh, jealous. Have fun, and you'd BETTER not be reading for school while you're in Florida. :P

preppyplayer said...

So jealous! Have fun and tell your Mom Happy early birthday from me!

Anonymous said...

I AM READING THE SAME BOOK. rob got it for me for valentine's day, along with "Such A Pretty Fat" lol...how romantic.

Anonymous said...

I AM READING THE SAME BOOK. rob got it for me for valentine's day, along with "Such A Pretty Fat" lol...how romantic.