Monday, March 2, 2009

HOW DARE YOU?

OK, so I get it, musicals are really cool right now. That's awesome, I love musicals, I've made that clear.

BUT I think there is a limit, and some of the stuff that's coming out now, I have a real problem with:

Footloose-Footloose is NOT a good musical. I had a whole lot of fun when I was in Footloose but it truly is a piece of shit. Although Zefron's rendention of "I can't stand still" is probably going to please

They are remaking My Fair Lady...No, I'm not kidding. It gets worse, they're remaking it with Kiera Knightly. KIERA KNIGHTLY...who I hate...HATE. And she's playing Eliza...MY Eliza. Seriously, its one of my many dream roles (Not that I could sing it anymore.) and oh right Audrey and Julie's Eliza! These are two of the most amazing and graceful women in the history of the world and they're letting Elizabeth Swann play their role?

The only way I will accept this movie is if this man is playing Henry Higgins:
And even then, I'll be skeptical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i saw kelsey grammar (grammer? bah. spelling sucks) as henry higgins! did you know that he played him in the lincoln center concert version like two years ago? if you didn't you should totally be a casting director haha cuz clearly your decisions are spot on. also agreed that kiera knightly is NOT the choice for eliza. gross.