Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Must See Mondays

I'm just going to dive right into last night...there's really no need for set up

GG: Nellie Yuki's Cat eye glasses. Honestly? Nellie gets more and more fabulous with each appearance she also gets easier and easier to hate, and ratting on Blair in this episode was the final straw. But the cat eye glasses were too too cute. Especially in an episode where the leads were in their uniforms too much to do much fashion wise. Not that we don't love Blair in her uniform. Because well, don't we just love Blair all the time? Dan and Serena are over! FINALLY! I'm sorry, I'm all for happily ever after, I am, but I can't stand Dan. He's everything that annoyed me about my guy friends in high school, without all the stuff I loved about them. Also, Dan and Serena being broken up means that Serena can get together with Nate! HAHA! You thought I forgot, I did not. Until the show is over and beyond I will be rooting for Nerena. And speaking of Nate...Nate and Vanessa being so cute you want to puke. Seriously, there is NO PLOT with those two, its just them being pretty and witty, Nate doesn't even get to brood? What's the point of having those beautiful blue eyes if he's not going to brood? Chuck was suddenly thrown into the plot of a Dan Brown novel? He wakes up in the morning with a strange tribal symbol he doesn't remember on his wrist. Where are we? Smallville Season 4? Then he becomes obsessed with some woman he made out with who it turns out is a nanny from Connecticut, who the secret society that Bart was a member of then kidnaps? What the HELL IS GOING ON? Also, this very stupid plot line further facilitated that Nate and Vanessa boring grossness. Convenient set up for everyone to go to fictional Columbia or NYU equivalents next season...or at least Blair and Dan. By hooking up with his teacher, or well Serena and Blair's teacher, Dan destroyed his Yale chances, and Blair's father told her, "I don't care where you go to college!" Well, I have of a feeling, as the formula goes that at least one person isn't going to go to college, and for a while it looked like Chuck but now I'm thinking its Dan. It's all about the cheekbones: BH 90210, Dylan skipped out, then on DC it was Pacey, I think its going to be Dan. Look:See what I mean? Moving on:

Heroes: Claire Bennett = Badass Mofo. Honestly? Standing up again Mama Petrelli and Nathan to save everyone else. No wonder she's the chosen one! Or is Peter the chosen one? Or is it Hiro? I don't know, they change that weekly. I think the whole "Chosen One" thing is not important to this story arc, though so we have time to go back and figure it out. Mohinder's accent changed again. OK, I get it Sendhil Rammamurthy is from Texas, he's not good at accents, whatever, pick one! Sometimes Mohinder is a high class British educated Indian guy, other times he sounds like the guy from The Simpsons. Its frustrating. Milo's growing his hair out, thank god! I'm not normally a fan of long greasy hair, but on Milo, mm, its just different. Nathan's the bad guy again. All is as it should be. Sylar's alive and out there...dun dun dunnnn...Oh right, and Hiro still doesn't have his powers back. Whatever. If this arc doesn't KICK ASS, I'm done. Heroes has become too time consuming and its not goood enough to be worth the effort anymore. Its very very boring. Milo, you never should have left Gilmore.

OTH: Lucas=The New Dawson. He's all about feelings and hugs with the "Unkindness" movie. Adam=everything we all wanted to say to Dawson while he was making movies. And its really really funny. On a slightly less happy note, Hayley may be losing her job...and Dan might start dating Jamie's teacher? What? I'm confused.

Trust Me: Never fallen into the TNT shows before, but Eric McCormack and Tom Cavanaugh? Will and Ed? Wait? What's that sound? Oh my God! Middle School Reenie? Are you crying? And are those tears of joy?! Of course they are! No, Middle School Reenie, I'm sorry, Vanessa Lengies from American Dreams isn't on the show...but its only been two episodes! Why don't you go listen to some SClub7 and wait around for her. No really? I'm enjoying this show. And mostly for McCormack and Cavanaugh, they're both actors with really interesting conflicting energies that make the show an interesting watch. Although I'm having trouble accepting Eric McCormack as a straight guy with a wife and kids...even though that's who he is in real life. CSD (Character Separation Difficulty) rears its ugly head again...this is the same reason why somewhere back in the recesses of my mind while I'm watching Fringe tonight I'll wonder why Peter doesn't have a hockey jersey on...

Anyway, that being said, Monday night TV is getting to be my favorite, I don't know what I'm going to do when DWTS gets back...I'll work it out.

1 comment:

brat_packer said...

I too suffer from CSD, i miss Ed and the good ole 20 dollar bets, ooh and PHIL!! I have a feeling Dan will be like Seth and bum around for a season before becoming brilliant or something, eh. I too am loving OTH at the moment although that could have something to do with too cute for words Jamie, I don't blame Carrie- i'd want to kidnap him too...

Can i just say, having JJ wear a hockey jersey or even a throw away line (Like in DC s1e07) would be too awesome for words??