Monday, February 23, 2009

The Boy Next Door

Oscar Night!

Can we just preface this by saying that I am madly one hundred percent in love with Hugh Jackman. No really. I love him.

It was interesting for me watching the Oscars with people who didn't know about his theater pedigree. They were shocked at his singing voice. Pleasantly obviously, but still, it didn't occur to me that there was anyone in the world who hadn't seen him host the Tonys 5 times, or listened to their Boy From Oz OBC until it was scratched, or stayed up until 4 in the morning that one time because the London Oklahoma was on PBS...I mean, not that I did those things those are just for instances, but still. Yeah. He's the man. I loved the "Musicals are Back" number, because I love him and Beyonce is one of the most talented people on the planet, and oh right, I'm a huge ass theater geek and as a result I rejoice that the musical is back. WICKED people. We want to see WICKED!!!! Also Aida. Thank you.

I'm very glad for Heath Ledger's win...The acceptance by his family was lovely. I wonder why Michelle wasn't there, but I digress. There's little to say on it. It was quie nice.

I really like the way that the show was set up and the presentations. For once they made it truly an honor to be nominated by having all of the nominees be honored. It also made me pity Cuba Gooding Jr. Pity the poor man. Lord did he have potential and Jesus Christ did he squander it. Anyway, I thought the revamp worked, made it intimate, the goal was achieved.

I guess shades of Blue are this years color, which kinda sucks for me since I outgrew my interest in wearing blue quite a while ago. I'll watch fashion police tonight and probably do a full overview tomorrow. (Oscars are big, I need time to process them) But right now, without really looking at everyone side by side, Frieda Pinto is my best dressed. She looked gorgeous. I was also impressed by Miley Cyrus, who often mis steps and looked absolutely gorgeous in her gown. But that is another post, perhaps for later.

1 comment:

brat_packer said...

Musicals are finally back! Thank God for Baz Luhrmann for starting the revamp with the excellent Moulin Rouge, then we had Chicago and my personal favourite RENT! Across The Universe, Hairspray and Mamma Mia!How long must I wait to be Popular? Seriously WICKED needs a movie if only so I can watch it over and over, if only we could have the beautiful Idina and Kristin rocking it...