Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's coming...

I have to say (now that we're hitting the halfway point) its been a good TV season so far, but there's nothing like when the spring replacement news and the cable season start being announced. Its pretty thrilling. Here's the stuff that I'm pretty psyched for.

Returns:

My Boys: PJ and the boys may be my favorite gang on TV. The problem is they're only on for like five weeks a year! Damn cable schedules. But the cliffhanger they left us with last summer (PJ and Jack in her hotel room before Bobby's wedding, and Bobby realizing he loved her.) was good, although I'm rooting for PJ/Brandon not PJ/Bobby and definitely not PJ/Jack. But I'm also interested in seeing how Mike and that girl he met, and Kenny/Stephanie pan out. Not to mention, well everything about this show is awesome, and if I didn't want to visit Chicago before, I want to do this.

Greek: Summer wouldn't be summer without Casey, Cappie, Rusty and Rebecca. And Ashleigh and Calvin and Evan and Franny and the rest of the greeks from Cyprus Rhodes. I really can't wait for Ashleigh's ZBZ to really take shape (I still love them for making her president over Casey, ballsy misdirect!) With Cappie and Rebecca officially over and Casey finally getting her act together I think this will bring about what we all want, Casey/Cappie in love forever.

Rescue Me: 22 eps, that's all there is to say. 22 straight episodes of Rescue Me.

New Stuff:

Castle:
Nathan Fillion solves crimes...Thank you Hammer Man! LOLZ. OK, for serious, I'm looking forward to this. I mean, Fillion is really really fun to watch. He was fun to watch on Firely, and on DH (Season 4 peeps, he plays Katherine's husband, you're welcome!) and he was really really fun to watch in Dr. Horrible (I will continue to pimp it. I will spread the NPH love anyway I can) and the girl looks pretty good too. ABC has been on kind of a hot streak with new shows in the past five years (They also cancel the good stuff, I'm talking about you PushingDaisiesDirtySexyMoneyCashmereMafia) so they've got a leg up.

Cupid: The CW tried this concept earlier in the year with Valentine, which I didn't watch, no one did, that's why it only ran for two episodes, but they didn't have Will's cop boyfriend as Cupid and that adorable blonde from Cashmere Mafia as his shrink who's trying to convince him he isn't Cupid. It looks very very cute.

Southland: I reported on it last night. But I repeat, BEN MCKENZIE AS A COP! Really, I don't care how bad it is, its Ben McKenzie as a cop, I will watch it every week.

Kings: I really don't understand what this show is supposed to be, and I probably won't watch it.

No comments: