Saturday, February 28, 2009

P&P From a Boy's view


Tonight a bunch of my fellow English majors and I had a Pride and Prejudice night. We've just finished reading it in our Novels by Women class.

First of all, I don't recommend watching an entire BBC mini series in one night. It's fairly taxing. But I do recommend watching it with a fairly intoxicated boy who's never seen it before, or read the book, or seen the other movie version, as we did, with my friend Margaret's boyfriend Scott.

We got such witty statements such as:

"I really kind of hate that bitch in the bonnet!" (On Mrs. Bennett)

"Wow, this is the early 1800s right? I want to shoot that guy with a musket. They still had muskets then right?" (On Mr. Collins)

Me: Darcy's totally putting Lizzie in the spank bank.
Scott: Dude, she is collecting interest in the spank bank right now, she's deep in there.

"I like that guy. The one who's always drunk or sleeping." (Mr. Hurst)

Yeah...not exactly critical brilliance but definitely a new way to look at it.

1 comment:

preppyplayer said...

Too funny and a good way to remember the book...I think.