Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The once and future...huh?

So I've been watching the new NBC series Merlin, which is meant to be a Camelot origin story (I know, brilliantly orginal idea...NOT) There are quite a few reasons I started watching.

1. Love all things Camelot and Arthur related
2. Love most things fantasy related
3. Love origin stories
4. ANTHONY HEAD AS UTHER PENDRAGON
5. Giant CGI Dragon in every episode
6. ANTHONY HEAD AS UTHER PENDRAGON
7. Promise of cutey mc cute cute boys as Arthur, Lancelot, Gawaine and other knights of the round table.
8. ANTHONY HEAD AS UTHER PENDRAGON

I really like watching the show, and me and my mom and my dad watch it together every Sunday night, it's very bondy bondy. But I have some problems with it.

1. In this version, Merlin is in fact younger than Arthur...not so much working with that.
2. Arthur has always known he was the prince and future king of Camelot.
3. Guinivere is Morgana's (who I assume is to become Morgan Le Fay) servant, and black (Please note, not a race issue, but Guinivere is supposed to be WELSH, and BLONDE or possibly a REDHEAD, if you're stretching it) and has a crush on Merlin
4. Avalon is a place where weird evil fairies live. Except, well, that's NOT WHAT AVALON IS!
5. Arthur is kind of a dick
6. The dragon is still really freaking cool.
7. Mordred's origins have not been explain at all, but he was in it two episodes ago
8. I forgot that Uther is supposed to be a huge a-hole and get very sad when he is. I want him to be less Uther and more Giles with a crown.

Anyway, what do you all (*cough* Jen *cough*) think about Camelot getting the Smallville treatment?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I haven't seen it at all. Is it on Hulu?

<3 Arthuriana. (If that's not a word, it is now.