Friday, June 19, 2009

Summer Reading: A Little Bit Wicked, Life, Love and Faith in Stages


Have I espoused before how much I adore Kristin Chenoweth? I'm pretty sure I have. I've at least talked about how much I love Wicked, and I feel the two probably go hand in hand.


A Little Bit Wicked is Kristin's attempt to get all Jen Lancaster on her cute, blonde, Christian butt. (I say butt, because Kristin would never use the a-word) Everything about this book made me want to give Cheno a big hug and tell her how much her work has meant to me over my life. Alan Cumming, her and Kathy Bates's version of "Easy Street" is easily the only thing that makes the ABC made for TV remake of Annie passible. I watched her hug hit sitcom Kristin. (Me and her parents, pretty much), I set my VCR for her role in The Music Man. And then there's Galinda...you want my opinion on that, check out this post from a few months ago for that explanation. Annabeth was the saving grace of the last few seasons of The West Wing, and Pushing Daisies was taken from us far too early.


The book deals with her feelings about her meteoric rise on Broadway, her on again off again relationship with Aaron Sorkin, her ever present and unapologetic faith in Jesus Christ, and has a wit and humor that people associate with this little spitfire. I highly reccomend the book. I started it at 4 o'clock PM yesterday and finished it at 10:30 this morning, so it's not a hard read, but it's good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"bernadette peters? annie get your gun? KNIFE THROWING?!?"