Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I need a hero...





So, it's been pretty much universally acknowledged that Julianne Hough has been offered the role of Ariel in the Footloose musical movie (I refuse to call it a remake, it isn't!)...I think it's interesting because apparently it came down to her and Hayden Panetierre, and they were both on my "casting list" although Julianne for Rusty, not Ariel. I listened to her album the other day to decide how I felt about it vocally, and really, she definitely has the vocal chops, but Ariel's a pretty intense role emotionally. Plus I don't think I'm going to enjoy seeing Julianne get beat by her boyfriend.




But between her and Chace Crawford, two of my favorite TV personalities are now in this movie. I'm interested in seeing where it goes.




It's also funny because of this:



Yup, that's Julianne's big brother Derek as Ren in the London production of Footloose. Hehe, good times!

No comments: