Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer Music

I should be writing about season finales, I know, and I will, I promise, but with my final papers due this week, I don't have a lot of time to watch analyze and write. I'll get to it on Thursday, when I'm done with school (AH!)

Anyway, have you ever noticed that there's certain songs that are just better in the summer? I mean, music that you love all year long but is just better when complimented by sweaty beer bottles, meat on the grill, tequila or rum drinks and no classes to get to or homework to do?

Here's my Summer playlist:

1. Bruce Springsteen - Out In The Street
2. Jimmy Buffett - Cheeseburger in Paradise
3. Journey - Don't Stop Believing
4. The Eagles - Take It Easy
5. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
6. The Beach Boys - Do You Wanna Dance
7. Bruce Springsteen - Sherry Darlin (The River is an extremely Summery Album)
8. Billy Joel - Only The Good Die Young
9. Dispatch - Flying Horses
10. Death Cab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body
11. Kenny Loggins - Playing With The Boys (OK, so this song is really only good in the summer, or if you're me, my sister, or our friend Chris)
12. Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
13. Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell
14. Kenny Chesney and Uncle Kracker - When The Sun Goes Down
15. Jimmy Buffet - Fins
16. The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil
17. Backstreet Boys - The One
18. Janis Joplin - Summertime (This is my favorite version choose your own)
19. It Ain't Me Babe - Johnny Cash and June Carter (Again my favorite version, although Reese and Joaquin's is good too)
20. Tim McGraw - My Next Thirty Years

So those are mine, what about you? Any music that just says summer to you!

No comments: