Sunday, May 31, 2009

In Praise of: Meg Cabot


I just reorganized my book shelf and I found that I own a grand total of 22 of Meg Cabot's books, and that doesn't include the Avalon High Mangas, the multiple copies of Nicola and The Viscount and one of the mini Princess Diaries books that I own, that's just full length novels.


Needless to say, I'm a big fan of Meg's. I started reading her stuff when I was eleven, before the first Princess Diaries movie came out. I love her style. I love her wit, and her stories, even though most of them basically arrive at the same thing:


An average girl daydreams about being more than average, and obviously about some SUPER CUTE boy. Something happens to her that turns out she's not just some average girl! (She's a princess, she saves the president's life, she's a reincarnation of the Lady of the Lake from Arthurian Legend) and her life changes forever! Then super cute boy notices her and they share chaste high school love.


They're very fun to read, I highly recomend them. My favorites are: The Princess Diaries series, but specifically I love Princess Mia, and Princess in The Spotlight, Avalon High, How To Be Popular and Teen Idol.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You might enjoy this: http://xkcd.com/591/

=)