Saturday, May 9, 2009

Screaming infidelities

I have this thing about my hair. I love it.

Its around this time of year that I start to really appreciate it.

I have bad skin and a curvy body that I'm just beginning to really accept as anything other than fat. I know have a strong featured face, because its the same as my mother's and she's beautiful, but the acne has always gotten in the way of me really feeling like my face is beautiful.

But my hair, is all my own. The color leaves a lot to be desired naturally but it's easily highlighted without looking fake. My hair is thick without being frizzy, straight without being thin and can be styled into anything with enough hair spray and patience.

My hair is the one feature I have always loved. I have lots of good hair days at this time of year because there's just enough humidity for my hair to have body and look all movie star-ish and flippy.

About a year ago I cut all of my hair off. I'm not doing that again this summer.

No comments: