Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The smell of freshly cut grass...


I'm about to show you all a completely different side of myself. Or at least those of you who haven't actually met me...

See, from reading this blog over the past few months you've clearly gathered what a huge girl I am...and I mean that in the sense that I am extremely girly, it's just my way...but there is one tomboyish thing that I've always had, and will always have.

I love baseball. Specifically, I love the New York Yankees...and Alex Rodriguez.*

I love the Yankees for lots of reasons...I was raised by Yankee fans, my grandparents grew up in New York City, when I was eight, the first time I could really understand what it meant to win something like that they began the most amazing winning streak in the history of sports...its all of these also blended with the amazing history of the team. I'm a nerd, I like things that I can research.

With opening day of the new Yankee Stadium looming tomorrow, and me eager for another exciting summer of watching the boys in the Bronx I couldn't help but share it!

*See the asterix? He's still my favorite player ever even if he is a slimy cheater. I'm loyal and it takes more than half a season of steroid use and an affair with a too old for him pop star to shake my devotion. Even in his "slump" for the past few years he still has one of the best averages in baseball.

2 comments:

preppyplayer said...

Perfect illustration to a great post! Yes, some of us know that you aren't JUST about shows and shopping :)

Unknown said...

um bernie williams playing take me out to the ball game in center field *cries*
kelly clarkson singing ridiculously amazing national anthem *cries more*
Jorge hits first regular-season home run in new stadium *YAYYY* (as it should be...one of the real Yankees had to do it)

If only it hadn't been a terribly depressing opening game....but still at least it started out well :-) how i love baseball season