Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reflection

So I know today was Martin Luther King Jr. Day and tomorrow we're swearing in a historical new president and I'm really proud of my generation and my country and that's where my mind should be.

But alas that is not who I am, so as a result today I will, as promised, I will be talking about James Vanderbeek's guest spot on One Tree Hill.

I was looking for a picture of Dawson and Charlie to post, and while I was looking I found this little video.



It's of Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton on the Spring Break episode of Dawson's Creek, back when she was just a little MTV VJ and he was playing a wannabe rockstar who was trying to bang Joey, and evidently Hilarie Burton, he succeeded in both eventually, do kudos to you.

Alright, so Adam Dixon (Dawson, but a huge douche bag) showed up in Tree Hill and got the job directing "An Unkindness of Ravens" which although it is technically a memoir people on the show keep calling it a novel, it's kind of annoying, but I guess just to a book nerd like me.

The top moment for me came though when Lucas told Adam that he "couldn't relate to this world" and Adam cracked a little knowing smile, as if to say "Kid, I can't relate to this world? This was my world first! Remember I made a movie that you starred inright before you boinked my soulmate?"

Next new episode we get to see casting. It should be fun to see who they pick to play the various characters and if Adam and Lucas will ever get their visions in line. Will the film version of "Unkindness" have the Dawson-esque ending of Haley and Lucas (GROSS!) and Brooke and Peyton die? Hmm? Really, I just want to see a rowboat somewhere in these episodes. Anywhere, I don't care, I really don't.

Tomorrow in my speech class I'm giving a speech on the evolution of the Teen Soap...complete with photos. I'm not using OTH as an example, mostly because it didn't do anything new for the genre. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

Oh right and that little innaugaration thingy...yeah, that.

No comments: