Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Moon: Looks good...but I can't wait for more.

I-tunes released this clip from The Twilight Saga: New Moon today. I have to say the clip is amazing. But far too short. I know they don't want to spoil anything...but well, I'm so psyched for the action in this movie.


First of all Kristen actually does something different for once, which gives me greater hope for Breaking Dawn, but I digress. Secondly, the FX for the wolves is unbelievably amazing and thirdly, I'm really into the guys playing Sam and Embry, they're kind of perfect.

Let's talk about Kristen. I get the Kristen Stewart screen appeal OK. I'm always charmed by her when she's in a movie. But I get so frustrated by her personal appearances that I tend to forget how good she is. And she is very good, especially as Bella, and here where she channels Bella's temper (something we don't really see in Twilight since Jake is the one who gets her all riled up!) she does extremely well.

Secondly. The special effects! Oh my God! This was my biggest worry about this film. Especially after the disaster that was the sparkling in Twilight. (He's supposed to look like a diamond catching the light, not like he's covered in body glitter!) But I put my trust in Chris Weitz because of The Golden Compass, and it seems he has delivered. So glad for the warm colors too, the blue lighting in Twilight was effective, but it got old quick.

The wolf pack! Can I get a big old fangirl SQUEE! Anway, despite the fact that we hear Sam say "Paul, cool it!" and that's about it, and I still got a sense of how perfect this guy is, says a lot. Sam, at least in New Moon, he has to present calm and authority and yet be totally scary at the same time. As for Embry, the key components of Quil and Embry's character (they're really just one guy, let us be honest) is sarcasm. We get that.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. Any further?

No comments: