Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What's back and I'm not into

So, I talked about new things that I like, but now let's talk about things that are back that I used to like but now I'm not so into.

90210 I loved last season, but after watching two episodes this season, I didn't realize how much of that love came from A) the presence of the old characters, and B) that character of Ethan. The Ethan/Annie relationship had potential until they drove Annie into the ground by turning her into a whiny mess. I'm sorry, but this girl was supposed to be the successor of Brenda Walsh, Joey Potter, and Marissa Cooper who granted whined their fair share, but there was more to them than just that (for Marissa not much more, but whatever) and then when that didn't work out they set up a great storyline with the Liam/Silver/Dixon triangle, but he was gone and Dixon and Silver's will they or won't they lost it's urgency. Aside from all of that, Ethan was a great stand alone character, especially the whole dealing with his autistic brother and breaking out of the golden boy image could have really gone someplace.

Dollhouse: The premiere had potential, a lot of it. Injecting Ballard into the Dollhouse was smart. Showing the attraction between Whiskey and Topher was fantastic, but apparently they're not going anywhere with it. I've said it since the beginning, I'd much prefer a Dr. Horrible sequel to sitting waiting for Dollhouse to take off. I hope that Fox keeps it on long enough for Summer Glau's rumored appearance though. I really think that her glassy eyed look around a room thing will fit in perfectly as a doll. Maybe a doll from one of the other houses.

America's Next Top Model: I admire the principle of using all "petite" (Under 5'7") girls this season. The idea being that Kate Moss is 5'5", HOWEVER, not a one of these girls is a Kate Moss. And the photo shoots have been dull, because the only lesson that they've taught the girls is how to make themselves look taller and that's what every shoot is about. But I'll still watch because ANTM isn't really about the girls at all, it's about Tyra.

Smallville: OK, in reality the two episodes so far of Smallville have been amazing. I'm just pissed because Brian Austin Green guest starred and still refuses to do the 90210 thing. DUDE! SAME NETWORK AND EVERYTHING! Clark has embraced the Superman symbol, and his double life. Lois keeps having visions of both the apocalypse and her and Clark bumping uglies in pink satin. Since she went to the future and has no memory of it I think she's repressing memories. Oh right, and Zod is there and kinda hot, not going to lie. Plus I'm being Supergirl for Halloween, so you know HOLLA!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

smizing. she also taught them to smize.