Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Clothes

I was very careful this week to not get caught up in Royal Wedding fever. It would have been easy, since I watch far too much TLC for my own good anyway...but I stayed away, until this morning obviously, because like hell was I missing the main event.

I slept right through my alarm to watch it live, but I've been looking at video clips and pictures online ever since I did wake up.

There are a few things I'd like to comment on, mostly the fashion (Are you shocked?). Here is a picture of Her Royal Highness Duchess Catherine of Cambridge, (Formerly Kate Middleton) in her gorgeous Sarah Burton by Alexander McQueen wedding dress:

And here is a picture of Her Serene Highness Princess Grace of Monaco (Grace Kelly) in her wedding gown, specially made for her by the wardrobe people at Paramount Studios:

The dresses are incredibly similar, which is cool, given the kind of similar situations of the two princesses. Except that Kate Middleton was a college student and Grace Kelly was a famous movie star...but still, kind of cool with the whole, "commoner who becomes the prettiest princess ever" thing.

And here's a picture of Kate's sister Pippa and the other bridesmaids, adorable little girls. I love Pippa's dress and how elegant and gorgeous it is. Also, I was looking at other pictures of her and I think she might be my new style icon:



And here's a picture of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie who look kind of like they picked up Lady Gaga's not shiny enough cast offs.

Although I do love Beatrice's dress. Just the hat is a big ol' no.

And my favorite, a picture of Prince Harry, looking like he wants to kill someone, while Prince William waves.

So, that's about all I have to say about the Royal Wedding...because honestly, all I cared about were the clothes. I've never been that into Wills, I've always preferred this guy:


That's Pierre Casiraghi, he's a prince of Monaco. Princess Grace's grandson. He even looks like her. And we know from precedent that the royal family of Monaco marries Americans. So there's that too. And him? Still single, no competing with Princess Shiny Hair. And our children would be GRACE KELLY'S GREAT GRANDCHILDREN! All around win.

No comments: