Friday, April 15, 2011

Awesome Sauce


So in the most insanely random twist of a wedding since Naley got hitched in 2004, (I didn't even watch One Tree Hill back then, and I remember going, "WHAT?") last night on Parks and Recreation, April and Andy surprised everyone by throwing a dinner party that it turned out was actually their wedding.

Parks and Recreation in general snuck up on me, I hated the first few episodes, but often watched anyway, because of its time slot, and then somewhere in the middle of the second season I realized that I liked it, and then about three episodes into this season, I realized I loved it. What I love the most is the way it manages to wear its heart on its sleeve, and be completely hilarious at the same time in a way that few shows are able to do. Actually the only example I can come up with is The Cosby Show.

I particularly love the April and Andy relationship, and I'm thrilled that they've decided not to "Jimandpam" (a verb coined by my friend Katie, meaning "keep us waiting on a couple") them around for ever, and instead have created a "stable super couple" in the model of well, Naley, also Turk and Carla from Scrubs and Monica and Chandler from Friends.

The wedding made me cry, including the pair's character perfect vows:

April: I guess, I hate most things. But I never really seemed to hate you. So I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Is that cool?

Andy: I vow to protect you from dangers. I don't care if I have to fight an ultimate fighter, or a bear, or him...I would take him down. I'm getting mad right now from thinking about it.

Also, it pushed the Leslie/Ben flirting? forward, thank God, they're adorable, some killer Ron Swanson one liners, and Chris brought a vegetable loaf instead of a cake. So there's that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ALSO...
-Rob Lowe should always always dance. It's like a blinkandyoumissit kinda moment that made me laugh hysterically.
-April telling Leslie she loves her and then April getting Ron to dance with her were the moments that made me tear up the most. and the vows. but you said that.
-Adam Scott is my newest (not-so-new-but-didn't-realize-it-till-now) celebrity crush.
-I want to be best friends with everyone involved in this show...especially the writers...because they are clearly brilliant.

Alright I think that's all...I might as well have written an entire post at this point but I have been replaying it in my head all day and I want to go home and watch it again. I don't know why I loved this particular episode so much but it made me ridiculously happy. Ok I'm really done now.

Reenie said...

Also:
-Yes, it was epic
-Too much crying.
-I'M IN LOVE WITH HIM! So effing cute!
-Yes, yes, yes!

And feel free to post whole posts.