Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Familiar Faces make V worth a watch

I was really excited about the new pilot for V. As a casual science fiction fan, I was vaguely aware of the 80's mini series, although I've never seen it (I swear one of these days I'm going to get a Netflix!) and I think the concept of the not quite what they seem alien visitors is always compelling.

To that end the pilot for V was good, but didn't blow me away. The most thrilling moments came as I recognized actors (mostly from other SciFi shows.)

"Hey! That's Juliet from Lost!"

"Wait, isn't that Wash from Firefly!" or more recently "Hey, it's Alpha from Dollhouse!" or more mainstream. "YAR! It be Steve the Pirate from Dodgeball!" This is all just euphemism for "ALAN THUDYK IS THE MAN!" btw

"OMG! It's Inara from Firefly! Is the rest of the crew of Serenity going to show up too now?" (As long as Mal is not too busy solving murders in NYC)

"Hey! That's Supergirl! Or I guess we call her Cara-El, since they haven't yet adopted their 'Super' identities on Smallville."

"That's the other dude from Party of Five!"

I think you get the point. That being said it shows a lot of promise and Juliet was my favorite on Lost so even though she's gone from their I'm interested in what Elizabeth Mitchell does here. And oh right ALAN THUDYK IS THE MAN!

No comments: