Saturday, October 18, 2008

Icebox

This week on Degrassi, Jane plays football. Because Jane is badass.

She plays wide receiver not fullback, but I still couldn't help but think of Becky "The Icebox" O'Shea. Some of the guys on the team (Danny, Sav) are totally cool with this. Spinner is supportive boyfriend. He's very good at that. Other people (Derek, Long haired Lakehurst goon who was totes there when they stabbed JT, weird new quarterback who Holly J is going to hook up with) are not OK with it and are terrorizing her. She tells new sleazy principal about this (I HATE this guy, seriously, why is Snake not the principal?) and he's like "You wanna play with guys this is what you put up with." I do like that they're returning Derek to his roots. Because he got lumped in with Danny and JT, you lost that he was initially tapped to be the jerk. His first appearance was as a point guard on the basketball team who made fun of Jimmy for being crippled...does no one else remember that? Anyway, Derek, NQB and Thug eventually beat on her and she flips. She tells Spinner and he gets all "I'm gonna killabitch" and she's all "Shut up I'm fine." Even Mia and Holly J are on her side. Well, Mia's expected, since Jane is Izzie's aunt and everything, but not necessarily Holly J. She wins the day because this is Degrassi and that's how these things work. But I do have to say that if Spin becomes what Alex was in the beginning (Supportive Spouse Role) I'm going to throw a shit fit. I know with all his friends gone, there's not a whole lot else for him to do but still.

In other news, Darcy went to Kenya to do missionary work...if by "Kenya" you mean "Beverley Hills", and by "missionary work" you mean, "making out with that lame Luke Perry-Ian Zerring Knock off" than yeah, I get what you're saying. Peter is angry and frustrated and as a result hooks up with Mia? Huh? Anyway, Danny's all, "Mia's a whore." And Sav's all, "I'm staying out of it." And then Mia's all, "Let's be boyfriendgirlfriend and I'll tell you about how cute my daughter is." And Darcy's sister is all, "Darcy misses you, she sent you a present from West Bev-I mean Africa." Peter broods and looks into the camera. Also, now that Peter is emancipated, he lives in an apartment that looks suspiciously like the one Sean and Ellie lived in in Season 3. I'm just saying. I do think it's a little odd that they're making Mia the new Manny. She's just going to hook up with everyone, huh?

Oh also, we got a "hun" out of Holly J this week. Sigh It's just not the same. Paige, we need you!

No comments: