Thursday, December 4, 2008

Prop 8

Prop 8 The Musical

This might be one of the most brilliant internet viral musicals since Dr. Horrible. If you haven't watched Dr. Horrible you absolutely should.

But this is amazing. It basically says everything I think aboutGay marriage. Yes, as a Catholic I think marriage is a sacrament meant for the spiritual union between man and woman for the further procreation of the human species.

But as a human rights activist (hardly militant, I mean, I shop at Wal-Mart for Christ's sake.) It does annoy me that the same people who quote Leviticus consider themselves Christians. Pretty much the whole love your neighbor thing wiped out the whole stone your mother, sell your daughter, abomination thing. I'm just saying.

That and it's HILARIOUS and Allison Janney plays one of the evil republicans...granted I am a republican but I agree that the whole Prop 8 thing is totally evil, and not a constitutional issue, btw.

Granted I got into an almost fight with my roommate last night about our school providing contraception to female students.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ok i pretty much cried when i watched that...it was pretty much hilarious and an excellent message. thanks for sharing dear :-)

ps this whole blog is keeping me wonderfully up to date on some of the tv/movies im missing!

Reenie said...

Happy to share my love. I'm glad I've kept you up to date, sadly due to time constraints I wasn't able to do everything I wanted with the blog...

But yeah, this is something fun with a horrible situation!