Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Could I find a lamer source to rip off from?

OK, so I was on the IMDB front page and I saw a link for the trailer for a movie called 17 Again. Now, last I checked, there already was a movie out there called 17 Again. It was a Disney Channel Original Movie and starred the Mowry kids, and I think Tamara played the grandmother who Taj turned into a 17 year old again and she and Tia became best friends.

This version however, Matthew Perry is a workaholic Dad who gets changed into The Zefron. Now, I love me some Zefron, but the very thought that Chandler and Troy Bolton could ever share a role just puts me off. Zac's whole earnest young guy thing does not blend with the sarcasm that oozes out of Matt's every pore. Even when he played that lawyer on West Wing, dude was still Chandler.

That being said the movie does actually look pretty funny. Zac enrolls at his kids high school and fixes their lives. Michelle Trachtenberg is the daughter, and well, I'm all for Harriet The Spy having her career. And the wife is played by Leslie Mann, who rarely if ever misfires, although maybe that's just because lately she's only been in her husband's movies, and really only the good ones (She and Paul Rudd were the best part of Knocked Up, except maybe for Steve Carrell's cameo)

Anyway, I'll probably wait for it to be on cable, although maybe on a boring Sunday I'll sneak to a matinée. I do like to see the Friends working (WHERE ARE YOU MATT LEBLANC? Has anyone seen Lisa Kudrow's Gameboy commercial?) and like I said, I am fully in favor of The Zefron.

That being said, there's a good chance that all of the funny stuff is in the trailer. Wouldn't be the first time.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh man, Harriet the Spy is still in things!?

Not that I will watch the movie because of that. But it's still nice to know.

Man, I watched that movie far too much as a child.