Tuesday, March 8, 2011

You make my heart sing...

OK, I was planning on staying out of the fray, but it's starting to get impossible now...I don't want to seem a completely out of touch pop culture blogger so it looks like I'm going to have to comment on the antics of Charlie Sheen...

I'm a Sheen fan. And I don't just mean Charlie, I mean the whole freaking brood. True, I've never been as much of a fan of Charlie as some of the others. After all, he never lead a scrappy group of preteens to ice bound glory 3 times, like his brother did. Or inspired to nation with two little words like his dad, but he does throw a helluva fastball. And Two and A Half Men was funny for like, a season and a half. (Why people kept watching is beyond me, except that it had a good lead in for a while, between Everybody Loves Raymond, and How I Met Your Mother.) I think he's an immensely talented and clearly very troubled individual.

So here's my comment. Dude's been in some of my favorite movies, it makes me sad to see anyone so clearly in need of help and not getting it, or accepting it, whichever the case may be.

I am grateful that this means that show's gonna be off the air finally.

No comments: