Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bringing The Pretty



I was fourteen I started falling in love with vintage clothing. The thing is, I have a build that isn't always suited to vintage. I have what's called a "curvy" build, I've always been a little overweight and I'm five feet seven inches tall. Most vintage clothes that survived are for girls about half my size, so as much as I love the stuff, I've been forced to wear "vintage style" clothes not the real originals.

However, I do check out EBay occasionally to see if the rare real vintage dress in my size can be found. This weekend I was lucky enough to find one, and I won the auction and the dress is to die for. It also doesn't hurt that I've been running at least two miles a day for the past month and stopped eating between meals so I'm down a size.

Here's a picture of the dress:
I'm hoping to wear it for my graduation in May, although two of my cousins are currently engaged, so I figure there will be plenty of functions to wear it to. I got the dress from Trendy Hip Buys, and her eBay store is a wealth of larger size vintage goodies! I had to restrain myself from bidding on some of her other auctions and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on her stuff!

2 comments:

Cha said...

LOVE it. definitely gonna do some scoping on her ebay store...

i wanna see pics of YOU in it

Reenie said...

Haha, I haven't gotten it yet, but I'm sure you'll be seeing plenty of it this summer.

Miss you so much my love!