Saturday, February 26, 2011

How We Met Barney's Father Part I

OK, I teased it in the "Relations" post, but here it is. The plot for the Gossip Girl/How I Met Your Mother crossover that my friend Crystan and I discussed. Granted, there are some problems to negotiate, like two narrators, that grand divide of Central Park (Ted and Gang live on the Upper West Side, not East) and obviously, who meets up with who. But I think I've got it. This is different than my Glee/How I Met Your Mother crossover, where it turns out that Mr. Schue is the mother.

Opening:

Ted's Voiceover: Kids, sometimes something miraculous can happen, that changes everyone's lives. And sometimes it starts with something very small. That's what this story is about.

It all started when a mysterious blogger started following Barney's Blog, and I had two new students in my architecture class.

While sitting in Ted's apartment the gang makes quips about something fun and inane.

Barney: Hey! This weird blog that links to mine is talking about Ted's stupid architecture class.

Gossip Girl's Voice Over: Hey there Upper East Siders. Who knew that gen ed requirements could lead to such juice! Looks like B and N are taking a class that has lead us to some interesting information about C. Their new Intro to Architecture Prof is often mentioned in a little site I've been watching regarding C's late daddy's other interests. Here's the link!

Barney then "accepts the challenge" to figure out who the mysterious B, N and C are.

In the Bass/Vanderwoodsen/Humphrey Apartment suite whatever

Serena is dressed in an evening gown first thing in the morning lounging on the couch of the apartment where she no longer lives. Someone is making waffles, obviously. She quips to Lily who is drinking a cup of coffee about how pathetic it is the Gossip Girl is still harping about Bart Bass almost three years after his death. Lily looks worried and asks what it says.

Serena: Oh something about his other interests and how it relates to Nate and Blair's new intro to architecture professor or something.
Lily: Do you know this professor?
Serena: Just that he's in his early thirties and Blair says that he thinks he's really funny, oh and he's dating that woman who just divorced The Captain, Zoey.
Lily: Oh no, I wouldn't have thought...
Serena: Mom, what's wrong?
Lily: I don't, you can't tell Charles, Serena, but well, before he met Charles's mother, Bart had another son...

So that's part I. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Omg, LOVE THIS. I love, love, love the idea of the two narrators and blogs merging, and the thought of Blair and Nate taking a class taught by Ted. I can hear Blair's condescension and Nate's confusion already. And Lily referring to him as Charles!! Yay.

P.S. Thanks for the shout-out! :)