Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No One Loves Dick Whitman...except I love Mad Men

Mad Men is back.

Now that I've had some time to process the premier, I'm ready to say that I liked it. I didn't know how I felt about it at first, but let's face it, ambiguity is kind of the point with Mad Men, so I've decided that I liked it.

I loved the way things lined up. I love Megan and Don's marriage. I love that she knows about Dick Whitman and vehemently doesn't give a shit. I love that Peggy is still pissed about Megan. I love that Joan loves being a mother to her and Roger's son Kevin, but she still wants to get back to work, and doesn't feel guilty or torn about it at all. (This is why Joan kicks ass, by the way.) I love that Roger and Jane's marriage continues to deteriorate. Because that's what happens Roger, when you leave awesome Mona for someone who isn't Joan! I love that Don hated the stupid surprise party Megan threw him as much as the stupid dinner parties that Betty would throw.

I really love that just about everyone's situation has changed except Pete. Because Pete is just a douchebag. Also, I love that we saw Trudy and not Betty. A lot of people didn't like that. But I thought it was awesome. Because Betty is terrible. I don't just mean that she's a bitch (she is) or that she's crazy (also, yes) I mean that she's a terribly boring character. Now that she's not married to Don, really, who cares? I don't care about her life with Henry except Sally's there. And Sally Draper is my favorite kid on TV (Sorry Luke Dunphy and Arya Stark, you guys are good too, just not Sally good.)

Anyway, I'm psyched Mad Men is back, and I've spend the past few night staring at 60's dresses on eBay for that reason.

No comments: