Friday, February 12, 2010

Vancouver



Let's talk Olympics.

I love The Olympics. I love the ceremony, I love the ridiculous sports that you never get to watch any other time. I love the medals, and the pomp and circumstance.

I love Olympic athletes, and the way that they become rock stars for two weeks a year. Sometimes more.

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I much prefer the Winter Olympics to the summer. In the winter you get figure skating, and ski jumping, and speed skating and biathlon.

What's biathlon? It's a combination of cross country skiing and crossbow shooting.

Yes, crossbow shooting. Ridiculous! And amazing! Of course they don't shoot each other. That would be ideal. They shoot targets. But still.

Oh right, and the Winter Olympics also give us this guy.

Oh Apolo...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Apolo Ohno is kind of "meh" for me. But zomg I love speed skating. And, really, the Olympics in general. <3