Tuesday, July 28, 2009

All the preachy...none of the heart

Again, apologies for the length between postings...

Has anyone else ever found themselves completely addicted to a show that they know is terrible? This summer I have been. I've been sucked into Brenda Hampton's The Secret Life of The American Teenager.

For those out of the know, the show follows a fifteen year old girl, Amy, and her friends as they navigate high school. The twist? Amy entered her freshman year pregnant after an encounter with an older boy, Ricky, over the summer at band camp.

This show is terrible. Really. Remember Brenda Hampton's other sugarry sweet creation, 7th Heaven? It's like that, but without the good acting. Or halfway decent acting. Add in awkward story lines featuring Amy's mother, played by Molly Ringwald, and you've got the worst show ever.

That being said, I'm hooked. I think Amy's a pain in the you know what, but her stand up guy boyfriend Ben is adorable, and Ricky reminds me of a young Milo Ventimiglia (we all know how I feel about him.) Plus what else is on in the summer?

No comments: